Sunday, April 21, 2013

Packing up

Greetings!

Since the trip to LA, I have been busy in Vancouver -- seeing friends and family, running errands, and helping out with some housepainting! Egad...where does the time go?


I've been to Granville Island, where I walked a bit of the seawall

Looking up False Creek
and, I listened to my favourite busker at Granville Island (coincidence)

Le chanteur francais

while avoiding the curious fellow that feeds the pigeons from his lap (um...maybe he could do that where folks aren't trying to eat their lunch?).

I've been to UBC campus...
On theme: UBC's Hillel House (the home of Jewish life on campus)

I've walked Jericho Beach to Spanish Banks. I've been to the Apple Store at Pacific Centre Mall, where the "genius" dude did me the favour of blowing the dust out of my keyboard...my MBA is almost like new.

The big news in BC is that the writ for the provincial election has been dropped and the parties - there are two contenders to form the government, the Liberals and the NDP - are hard on the trail, voting is May 14.

And, although there's been plenty of rain and it's been quite cool, it's always easy to admire the glorious cherry trees in Vancouver when just a bit of sunshine graces the grey lower mainland.
 
Cherry blossoms on Yew Street

Thanks for your patience with my irregular posting this month. I'll be back in Israel next week where I look forward to blogging more regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment