Thursday, January 9, 2014

Happy New Year!!

Forgive my tardy greetings!

I've been very busy while in Vancouver and I've neglected this blog (since it isn't really about life in Vancouver!). My days have been filled with contract work, visiting family and friends, and networking around town. The busy holiday season is over and now it's on to the business of quotidian life. For me this means some serious changes.

I've decided to stay in Canada and transition out of my postdoc in Israel. I'll be wrapping up my project work there from here while I look for a job in Vancouver.  In my home province of British Columbia many natural gas projects are either under proposal or in development right now. I want to be involved in shaping those projects and environmental policy in ways that benefit our economy without harming long term human well-being and ecosystem health. There is much work to be done in Canada.

The upshot of this is that I'll be winding up this blog shortly. My fifteen months in Israel were unforgettable and amazing; I have a few more stories I'd like to share. So, I plan to post until the end of the month. After that my blogging future is uncertain.

More posts soon! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment